Pages

I Love Pizza

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I told one of my buddies I was going to do this blog and he asked what makes you qualified to do a pizza blog? Well, if he didn't remember I can't expect you the reader to know. I love food and pizza is especially dear to me. I spent 3 months of last spring perfecting a new meatball recipe. I have spent over 20 years making pizzas. I would even call it a hobby. A friend of mine who does own a shop even lets me come in and experiment with pies for him when I get the itch. I love trying new sauces, flavor profiles and tweaking crusts.
I also have spent many years living and traveling outside of Wisconsin so I have been able to try the regional fare across the country and in Italy.
I am not a pizza snob but these are what I believe makes a great pizza; homemade dough, a sauce that is not poured directly out of a can (at least doctor it up with spices to make your own,) a signature cheese blend to give it some flavor (mozzarella alone is too bland) fresh vegetables (Although I do have a soft spot for canned mushrooms,) and fresh meats.I really have no tolerance for canned or frozen ingredients especially at a Pizza Place. I can buy a frozen pizza anywhere and there are some good ones out there now. With so many great restaurants in Milwaukee is it worth going to a place that uses frozen crusts, meats and vegetables?Anyway, I hope you like some of the places as much as I do!

0 comments: